FCC Team Lead
KiOR Inc. has an opening for an FCC Team Lead. This position reports directly to the Director of Technology and has responsibility for providing Technical Leadership to the to the Biomass Fluidized Catalytic Cracker (BFCC) Experimental Program in the areas of piloting, commercial design basis development, and optimization.
The responsibilities of the FCC Team Lead include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing technical leadership to the experimental program
- Developing research projects based on input from operations
- Development of a technology design basis
- Assisting in process designs and startups
- Providing catalyst and process optimization support to the operating plants
- Interfacing with plant engineers to troubleshoot problems and communicate findings from research
- Being a resource for plants, EPC’s, and the technology organization on all issues related to the BFCC
- Leading efforts to convert research and commercial data into useful models/prediction tools that can be applied at plants
- Providing leadership to develop and promote best practices related to work area
This position requires a broad understanding of the issues related to FCC, Biomass Pyrolysis, and Catalytic Deoxygenating. A working knowledge of other refinery units, specifically Distillation, Hydrotreating, and Hydrocracking, is also desirable.
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering or other closely related discipline
- Excellent communication skills with all levels from operators to senior management
- Familiarity with process simulation tools
- 10+ years of experience in refinery FCC’s or other circulating catalyst reactors
- 7+ years of experience providing technical support to refineries or petrochemical plants
- 5+ years of direct experience with FCC or other circulating catalyst pilot units
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work independently, as part of a team, or in a leadership role
- Must be willing to travel
- Personal resourcefulness and the desire to work in a dynamic early-phase company environment
- Good networking skills and established network of contacts in the refining industry
- Ability to analyze both plant and research data and to draw sound conclusions from that information
Reports To: Director of Technology
Job Location: Pasadena, TX
Additional Information: KiOR Inc. is a next-generation renewable fuels company headquartered in Pasadena, Texas. KiOR has developed a two-step proprietary technology that converts non-food lignocelluloses into gasoline and diesel that can be transported using the existing fuels distribution system for use in vehicles on the road today. For more information please visit www.kior.com.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.